RISE AND SHINE KAUT 43
It's okay to have "options" at Thanksgiving. Maybe the traditional turkey isn't everyone's thing, and honestly I don't mind having another protein option besides turkey. Ham is an excellent alternative , and it can be amazingly delicious with the right...... ingredients. ;-)
Now I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to enjoy a nice country ham without some sort of cheesey side dish. Au Gratin potatoes are nice, but my three cheese mac n' cheese is where it's at! Enjoy!!
The IN THE KITCHEN WITH SCOTTY Spiral Cut Ham
5-6 pound Spiral Cut Ham
1 cup In The Kitchen With Scotty “Jezebel Sauce”
1/4 cup In The Kitchen With Scotty “Boo’s Breakfast Mustard”
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
ham stock or water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the Jezebel, Boo’s, and Brown Sugar into a thick slurry
- In a roasting pan pour a little ham stock (about a 1/2 inch) or water . Place the spiral cut ham in the center of the pain. Cover loosely with foil and bake 20-25 minutes. Baste with the cooking liquid at three times.
- Remove from the oven and raise the temperature to 400 degrees. Shmeer to inside spiral cuts and entire outside with the ham glaze. Place back into the oven and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on to your prettiest platter or craving board. Pour remaining ham au jus and glaze into separate dish, and serve with the ham. Enjoy!
SCOTTY'S THREE CHEESE MAC-N-CHEESE
1 pound dry macaroni pasta, cooked al dente
6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese grated
5 oz. Butterkäse cheese, grated
4 oz. smoked Gruyère cheese, grated
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
1 quart milk
- Bring a pot of salted bater to a boil. Pour in the dry macaroni, and begin cooking slowly
- In a large tall sided sauce pan, begin meting the butter to start your roux. You need to make a “white sauce” which will be the base of your cheese sauce. Add the flour to your butter and begin cooking… approximately 10 minutes. Cook slowly and thoroughly. Pour in the cold milk and mix, cooking until your sauce thickens.
- Once the white sauce has thickened, begin adding the shredded cheese and mix in well. You’re looking for a nice smooth sauce. If you feel it’s too thick, add some of the pasta cooking water to “loosen” up the sauce.
- In your favorite deep dish casserole dish, spray the inside with vegetable spray. Carefully pour in the pasta and cheese sauce. In a 375 degree oven bake approximately 25 minutes, or until slightly set and golden on top. If you like a bread crumb topping on your macaroni and cheese, please be my guest. I like my mac-n-cheese naked.