RISE AND SHINE KAUT 43 OKC
I’m tired of Thanksgiving food. Tired of turkey, and dressing, and cranberry, ….. and anything pie. I know, I cant believe I’m saying it either.
…but I’m hungry, and have a taste for something south of here, so into the kitchen I went and came up with something easy and delicious; Looks and sounds a little “fancy” too, so plus plus on the cheffing!
Taking refried black beans and thinning them down with a little water and a whole bunch of my Chile Pepper and Lime sauce was the first step…. the second was knocking out something fun and light which is perfect after thanksgiving, my Savory Crêpes. Following all that up with frying off Chorizo sausage and a couple of eggs…. BOOM! I have a great breakfast brunch item, or a little something different for dinner.
Why “Crêpes Sanchez”? Because my friends Lin and Ernesto Sanchez are so wonderful in their support and participation of the OKC art scene.. their art and profession on their own as well as educating others. Plus they watch Rise and Shine and especially the In The Kitchen With Scotty segment, so they deserve their own ITK dish. I hope you enjoy!
Savory Crêpe Recipe:
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Butter, for coating the pan
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse 10-12 times until fully mixed. Pour out into a container and let rest in the fridge at least 30 minutes to a day until cooking.
- in a hot 9-10” non stick skillet or classic crêpe pan, being heating melted butter or Ghee (clarified butter). Swirl around to coat the entire bottom and sides. Pour out excess.
- ladle approximately 2 ounces of crêpe batter into the pans, and move/tilt the pan so the batter covers the bottom evenly to cool. Release the sides wth rubber spatula. the crêpe will start to let go of the pan when it cooks, so you can easily flip to cook the other side. Cook until golden and light caramelized. Slide out onto a plate and either fold into a triangle, or fold over in classic crêpe fold.
- May be made ahead and kept hot in-between paper towels or parchment and kept warm until use.
Crêpes Sanchez Ingredientes : serves 2
6 prepared savory crêpes (three per plate)
2 cups (approx. 20.5 ounce can) refried black beans… or make your own
1 1/2 cup water
pinch of kosher salt
9 ounces pork Chorizo sausage cooked
4 eggs, fried (2 per person…. may also poach)
Queso Blanco, or any salted crumbly cheese like Feta.
Sliced white onion
torn parsley leaves
- To make your black bean sauce, add refried black beans, ITK Chile Pepper and Lime Sauce, and water to a sauce pan. Cook down and puree (hand blender) or mash smooth until smooth and bubbling hot.
- in a small fry pan, add the chorizo sausage and cook until well done. Set aside.
- prepare 2-4 fried eggs , or may also be poached. set aside
- Make each plate by adding three prepared hot crêpes. Spoon on a foray generous about if the black bean sauce. Top with a few spoonfuls of chorizo, then top with two fried eggs. Garnish with crumbled queso blanco, sliced white onion, and parsley leaves. Enjoy!