RISE AND SHINE KAUT 43 OKC
So maybe not all three "cocktails" in the classical sense, but still full of cheer. Two classic holiday beverages, one just for fun, and a bowl of spicy peanuts to enjoy with all of them! Cheers!!
• 1 1/2 cups Half n’ Half
• 1- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
• 6 cups whole milk (1 1/2 quarts)
• 1 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup each of milk chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate chips. (Save the leftover for cookies)
* 1 small cinnamon stick
Pour all of the ingredients, except for the cinnamon stick, into a crockpot and set on low. Stir and melt the chocolate. Add the cinnamon stick and slowly heat through for 2 hours, covered.
Of course of you need this faster, you may do it on the stove top. Be careful to not scorch the milk.
Pour or have guests ladle into cups. Add marshmallow to garnish
HOMEMADE EGG NOG
3 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cinnamon stick
6 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark rum (optional)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg plus extra or whole for grating to garnish
Over low heat combine milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan. Bring the heat up slowly to a slow boil (it takes about 7 minutes to bring to a boil.) Once the milk mixture starts to boil take off heat and let the cinnamon stick steep for 2 minutes, then remove cinnamon stick.
In the bowl of a standing mixer combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until pale and fluffy. With the mixer on low, pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks (tempering the yolks) whisk until well incorporated. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat on med/med-low for about 5 minutes, continually stirring, until thickened and creamy. Do not let it boil, or the nog will curdle.
Stir in the rum, heavy cream and nutmeg and refrigerate over night. When ready to serve garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
THE CHRISTMAS MULE
2 cups washed whole cranberries
6 ounces sliced ginger, with skin on
1 vanilla bean split in two
1 quart of water
2 cups sugar
pinch of sea salt (Sel de Mer)
1. In a heavy bottom sauce pot, combine the sugar, water, vanilla bean, ginger, salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, and add the cranberries.The cranberries will begging to pop and burst like cranberries do.. that’s okay. Cook until the syrup is reduced and thickened to your liking. Add water in it becomes too thick.
2. Grab a fine mesh strainer, and strain the syrup into a separate jar.. discarding the solids.
3. Refrigerate in a sealed container and use as needed. Not sure how long this will keep in the fridge because I’ve just made it. :-)
Cocktail Time: 1 drink
- Cracked Ice
- 2 tablespoon Cranberry-Ginger-Vanilla (CGV) Syrup
- 1 1/2 - 2 ounces Vodka (your choice)
- ginger beer
Fill your glass with the cracked ice. Add the vodka and CGV syrup and stir. Fill with the ginger beer to the top, mix again, and hit it with a squeeze of lime. Cheers and Happy Holidays!!
CHILE AND GARLIC PEANUTS
1 tablespoon Grapeseed or vegetable oil
8 garlic cloves peeled and halved lengthways
4 dried arbor chiles chopped in half
1 1/2 pounds (around 4 cups) toasted Spanish peanuts
Over medium heat and In a large skillet, add the oil. add the garlic and chile and cook slowly until the garlic haves are tender and chile is tasty and fragrant. Add the peans peanuts and mix in. Sprinkle in a good pinch to two (to taste) of the Cook’s Line seasoning. Toss and stir the peanuts constantly about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Serve warm to cooled.