GRILLED SALMON/SALMON EN PAPILLOTE
RISE AND SHINE OKLAHOMA
FREEDOM 43 KAUT OKC 8.18.15
pronounce: “on paw-pee-yow”
There are two different ways of preparing salmon that I love, and it’s actually good on any type of fish, but today it’s all about the salmon.
Grilled salmon, the IN THE KITCHEN WITH SCOTTY way and Salmon en papillote.
En papillote is a classical french style of cooking “in paper”. You’re basically enclosing a fish fillet along with vegetables, herbs, and other flavorings, into a paper pocket and baking in the oven. The baking steam bakes your fish allowing it to stay juicy and is a healthier way of cooking.
SALMON EN PAPILLOTE
2 salmon filets or portions
2 parchment paper sheets cut into the shape of a Valentine’s day heart
salt and fresh cracked pepper (or ITK’s Cook’s Line Seasoning if you have it)
fresh lemon for juice and slices to garnish
good fruity Olive Oil
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Place all the the veggies on one side of the heart shaped parchment paper. Top with one salmon portion for each heart.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Fold over the other half of your parchment paper heart, and being folding/crimping the edges to secure your pocket.
- Place on a cookie sheet, and into the oven it goes for approximately 8-12 minutes until the parchment paper puffs up. Carefully remove from the oven and plate
- This thing is full of steam, so watch yourself. cut open the top of the pocket when serving and let all the aromatic steam surround you.
olive oil for grilling
preheat your outdoor/indoor grill, and brush on oil
1. season both sides of your salmon, and lightly oil. Sprinkle on your salt and pepper, and place on the grill.
2. in a small bowl, mix the mustard and jezebel sauce together completely . Brush on to the top side of your salmon and cook approximately 6 minutes. Flip the salmon and brush on the other side. Cook an additional 6 minutes or until the salmon becomes flakey.
3. Before serving brush on another coating of the mustard/Jezebel sauce.