EASY HOMEMADE COOKIES N' CREAM ICE-CREAM
RISE AND SHINE OKLAHOMA
FREEDOM 43 TV OKC 6.30.15
* Homemade Ice cream and July 4th cookouts go hand in hand.. why not make it a little special with a homemade Cookies n’ Cream version? Add fresh whipped cream. blueberries and Strawberries for a star spangled treat!
1-1/2 cups whole milk
1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1-1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
20 Oreo sandwich cookies, crushed
1. In a medium mixing bowl, use a whisk or hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
3. Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. Freeze according to manufacturers directions. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
4. Mix in your crushed Oreo cookies.
If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.