RISE AND SHINE KAUT 43 OKC
Labor Day Weekend is coming up! If you’re planning a get-together this weekend, no cookout is complete without deviled eggs. I’m not trying to make anyone’s Mamma mad, but if you’re looking for something different than her deviled eggs, try these…. or maybe have these along with Mamma’s deviled eggs.
*Actually guys, the hardest part of making deviled eggs is hard cooking and peeling them.
Place your eggs in salted cold water and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, then remove from the heat, cover the pot, and let stand 12 minutes. If you’re using JUMBO eggs go 15 minutes.
I find eggs are easy to peel when I immediately place them in a bowl filled with ice and water to cool down. Let then cool completely and then peel.
AVOCADO SRIRACHA AND SHRIMP
6 whole eggs, hard cooked and peeled
2 small ripe avocados
1/2 cup plain Non Fat Greek yogurt
1 TBS. fresh grated ginger
1 clove garlic smashed and minced
1 large lime (2 small) juiced and zest
Cook’s Line Seasoning to taste or salt and pepper
Sriracha sauce for garnish
12 whole peeled cooked shrimp (drained of any excess water. You don't want soggy eggs)
- Cut you hard coked eggs in half. Pop out the yolks into a mixing bowl, and egg white on a tray easy for piping the filling.
- Halve and remove the pit from the avocado. Scoop out the fruit into the bowl with the yolks. Season with Cook’s Line, and with a hand potato masher (or fork) begin to hand mash the yolks and avocado.
- Next add the fresh ginger, garlic, lime zest/juice, and yogurt. You can bring out a hand mixer in order to get nice and smooth, or keep mashing and mixing away by hand.
- Once the mixture is smooth, taste for seasoning, and spoon into a piping bag or a makeshift piping bag. Begin piping the mixture into your egg white cups.
- once all the eggs have been equally filled, place a whole shrimp on its back (tail flipped away from the egg) on top of the mixture. Garnish with a red dot of Sriracha.
CURRIED DEVILED EGGS WITH GOLDEN RAISINAND CRISPY BACON
6 Hard cooked eggs peeled and halved
1/4 cup good mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Boo’s Breakfast Mustard
1 tablespoon red curry powder or yellow
1/3 cup finely chopped golden raisin
2 tablespoons minced green onion
Cook’s Line to season
crisp bacon chopped
- Cut your hard cooked eggs, and pop put the yolks into a separate bowl.
- Start mashing your egg yolks with the Cook’s Line seasoning, mayonnaise, mustard, and curry powder. Mash and mix until smooth. Add more mayonnaise if it seems too dry, and taste for seasoning.
- fold in the chopped golden raisin. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag, and begin filling your eggs.
- Once all the eggs are equally filled, and on a serving platter, sprinkle/garnish the tops with the crumbled bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.