RISE AND SHINE KAUT43 OKC
Great for parties, gatherings, or snacks!
Chicken and Kimchi Egg-rolls (makes 6-8 Egg-rolls )
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup water
2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
1/2 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup chopped kimchi
2 cloves fresh garlic, smashed and minced
- In a fry pan begin browning the ground chicken with the Soul-Licious Seasoning. Add the water in order to help break up the ground meat.
- While the chicken is browning combine the shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic, kimchi, and ginger in a bowl. Toss to combine evenly.
- Add the shredded cabbage mixture to the fry pan to sweat and release moisture about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and scoop out into a colander to drain further. Let the mixture cool.
- When ready to start rolling your Egg-rolls, place a wrapper and finger bowl of water in front of you along with the filling. Position the wrapper in diamond shape. Add about 1/4 cup of the cooled filling into the center of the wrap. Dip your finger into the water, and wet the edges of the Egg-roll wrap. Pull the bottom point of the diamond up and over the mixture. Pull in right toward you folding in the mixture. Fold in the left side, then the right side, then roll your egg roll. Complete until all the mixture is gone. Set egg rolls aside.
- Time to fry! Start heating the Grapeseed oil in a tall sided pan. Add about 1 1/2"-2" of oil and start heating slowly. When the oil shimmers, gently add one or two egg rolls to the pan. Lightly fry until golden on each side. Serve with Jezebel Sauce or my Garlic and Green Chimichurri sauce
2-3 medium soft avocados
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 good pinches (or to taste) In The Kitchen With Scotty “Cook’s Line Seasoning”
1 clove fresh garlic, grated
1 teaspoon dry ginger
- In a bowl scoop out the avocado, and mash lightly with a fork or potato masher. Add lime juice, fresh garlic, and ginger. Gently fold in… you don’t want to make guacamole. Keeping it “rough” as possible will be more beneficial when cooking.
- Fold in the chopped cilantro, and season to taste with “Cook’s Line Seasoning”
- Add a good spoonful to the the center of your egg-roll wraps, and roll/fold as described before.
- Begin to heat your grapeseed oil in a tall sided pan on the stove. Gently fry until golden brown all over.
- Let cool a couple minutes then cut at an angle. Serve with In The Kitchen With Scotty “Jezebel Sauce”
Don't forget to stop by the "SHOP" section of this website to purchase any In The Kitchen With Scotty handcrafted sauces and spice blends that you may need for this recipe. Happy Cooking, and thank-you for supporting my small business! -Scotty