RISE AND SHINE KAUT43 OKC
Mild days and cool spring nights are the perfect time for my Corn and Lobster Chowder. It’s still hearty , but light and fresh with the addition of sweet corn. Tender lobster with my “Cornbread Dressing Salt-Free Blend” is what sets this American chowder apart from the norm.
Get your CHOWDER on!
Ingredients: serves 4
4-6 lobster tails, cooked ( 1 1/2-2 pounds of lobster meat) meat removed and shells reserved
4-5 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed (about 2 cups corn kernels). Save the cobs!
6 ounces thick sliced bacon, diced
1-quart seafood stock
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
4 ounces brandy
1 large medium yellow onion, diced
1 cup diced celery
5 sprigs fresh thyme
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons In The Kitchen With Scotty “Cornbread Dressing Salt-Free Blend”
- In a large sauce pot or soup pot, we’re going to make and enriched soup base. Add the lobster shells, the corn cobs (after the kernels have been removed), fresh thyme, seafood stock, milk, heavy cream, and brandy. Slowly begin to simmer, scraping down the sides periodically. Careful not to scorch!
- While all that’s going on, in a separate soup pot, begin browning and rendering the diced bacon until the bacon is crisp. Remove, and drain on paper towel; set aside. Drain off excess bacon fat.
- In the same pot add the butter and begin to melt on medium heat. Add the onion, celery, potatoes, and fresh corn. Sauce gently along with the Cornbread Dressing Blend. Cook until the onions are tender.
- Drain the enriched soup broth into the vegetable soup pot; Use a colander, strainer, or chinois. Simmer the chowder slowly around 20 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Before serving add the browned bacon and chunked lobster meat to warm through. Ladle the chowder into bowls, and serve with warm or toasted artisanal bread. Enjoy!
Don't forget to stop by the "SHOP" section of this website to purchase any In The Kitchen With Scotty handcrafted sauces and spice blends that you may need for this recipe. Happy Cooking, and thank-you for supporting my small business! -Scotty