RISE & SHINE KAUT43 OKC
I’ve been on a toast kick for awhile now. Besides finding a great loaf of something and toasting it up, the toppings you can add are endless. Be it fruit and whole grain for breakfast, or more savory options for lunch, and maybe a savory or sweet for a little afternoon delight. Toast is where it’s at... and it's cool. So be cool and try out my ideas.
I came up with three different ideas for TOAST that you guys can try. With the help of three great local bakeries… and some pretty awesome IN THE KITCHEN WITH SCOTTY spice blends and sauces, I think we have some winners on our hands.
Belle Kitchen, the new hot spot for brioche dough square donuts and flavor forward macarons starts off the toast experience with a loaf of their toasted brioche and topped with a creamy Boursin cheese blend, cherry tomatoes, and fresh apricot tossed with my Persian Rub. Finished with a syrupy balsamic vinegar reduction this is a great snack or brunch option.
Iconic Ingrid’s Kitchen not only offers up classic German/Bavarian/European cakes cookies and treats, their menu of homemade rustic and classical loaves are beyond…. beyond. You can always find slices of their bread paired on the lunch and dinner menu as well. With Ingrid’s classic Whole Wheat Loaf, I toasted a slice and added smashed Avocado tossed with my Garlic and Green Chimichurri, then chopped hard cooked egg and crispy pan fried prosciutto. It made an amazing breakfast.
While at Whole Foods gathering up ingredients for these three toast ideas, stop in their bakery for a Rosemary Sourdough Boule. Crispy and beautiful on the outside, tangy sourdough paired with the floral of rosemary, my Cannellini Bean Hummus with artichoke and topped with ITK’s Cranberry-Fennel Compote was magic. My favorite of the three actually.
So let’s get started ….
Don't forget to stop by the "SHOP" section of this website to purchase any In The Kitchen With Scotty handcrafted sauces and spice blends that you may need for this recipe. Happy Cooking, and thank-you for supporting my small business! -Scotty
Boursin, Cherry Tomato, and Fresh Apricot Toast (2 slices)
2 Thick Slices of Brioche
5.6 ounce Boursin Cheese blend
1 pint of halved/quartered heirloom cherry tomatoes
2 ripe fresh apricots, chopped
2 tablespoons In The Kitchen With Scotty “Persian Rub”
Balsamic Vinegar glaze
- Toast or grill your slices on both sides and plate.
- In a mixing bowl add your halved and quartered cherry tomatoes, diced apricots, and Persian Rub. Toss to mix and coat evenly .
- Generously pile on the Boursin to the top of each toasted slice. In the center pile on the tomato and apricot mixture. Fish with a generous drizzle of the balsamic reduction and serve.
Smashed Avocado with Chopped Egg and Crispy Prosciutto Toast (2 slices)
2 thick slices Whole Wheat loaf
2 medium or three small ripe avocados, smashed
3 large hard cooked eggs shelled and chopped fine
3 ounces prosciutto julienned and pan fried crisp
- Toast or pan fry your slices in butter like you would for grilled cheese . Remove and plate.
- in a bowl add your avocado with the Garlic and Green Chimichurri , and mash lightly. I like larger chunks... that’s why I call it “smashed”.
- Julienne the prosciutto and add to a hot pan with a little oil. Pan fry until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Pile on the smashed avocado mixture to the top of each slice. Evenly add the chopped egg and then top with the crispy prosciutto.
Cannellini Bean Hummus, Artichoke Heats, and Cranberry-Fennel Compote Toast (2 slices)
2 slices Rosemary Sourdough Boule
2 15 ounce cans of Cannellini Beans drained
3 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini paste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 large artichoke hearts, halved
- Grill or toast the Rosemary Sourdough slices and plate.
- In a food processor, and the drained cannellini beans, lemon juice, garlic cloves, tahini paste, Little Bit More seasoning, and puree to a smooth paste. Slowly pour in the olive oil and process more until it is nice and smooth. Taste for seasoning and add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Shmear on a generous amount of the hummus for each toasted slice. Top with and even amount of the halved artichoke hearts, and top with a spoonful of Cranberry-Fennel Compote.
- Dig In! This was my favorite!