RISE & SHINE KAUT43 OKC
3 medium Green Tomatoes sliced 1/4” thick
2 cups flour
2 large eggs beaten
1/4 cup milk
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
2 cups Grapeseed oil for frying
- Wash and slice the green tomatoes. Pat dry and set aside.
- In three separate dishes Set up your breading station: a) flour with the “Chicken Fried Steak” seasoning, b) then the beaten egg and milk with “Little Bit More” seasoning, c) and finally the panko bread crumbs.
- Begin heating the grapeseed oil in a pan slowly. Take a sliced tomato and dredge in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally coat both sides in the panko bread crumbs. Gently lay (away from you, in the oil and fry golden brown, around four minutes. Gently flip over and fry an additional four minutes. Fry until crispy golden goodness.
- Remove the fried green tomatoes to a plate with paper towel to absorb any excess oil .
- Plate and serve with a generous portion of my Black-Eyed Pea and Fresh Corn Remoulade (recipe below)
Don't forget to stop by the "SHOP" section of this website to purchase any In The Kitchen With Scotty handcrafted sauces and spice blends that you may need for this recipe. Happy Cooking, and thank-you for supporting my small business! -Scotty
Black-Bean & Sweet Corn Remoulade
1 cup cooked and cooled black-eyed peas
1/2 cup fresh sweet corn
3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
3 full tablespoons Greek-style yogurt (may use sour cream)
2 cloves garlic finely grated or minced
3-4 tablespoons sliced green onion
A couple of dashes hot sauce (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise and yogurt together. Add the Little Bit More and mix until combined and smooth.
- add the black beans, corn, green onions, and hot sauce. Gently fold in.
- chill in the fridge to let the flavors develop. Serve alongside the fried green tomatoes, and enjoy the hell out of them!