RISE & SHINE KAUT43 OKC
You get all kinds at the Great State Fair of Oklahoma…. and I’m mostly talking FOOD!
If it can be fried, then it’s on the menu! SO my challenge for Fair week from the Rise and Shine crew was to come up with something new… a play on a great fair favorite.
My favorite is the great American Corndog… my twist is something fun, delicious and great twist for adults on a childhood favorite. Frying a corndog, slicing it open and stuffing it with Sriracha hot sauce cream cheese, finally slathering on my Black Onion and Mint Jam
10-12 wooden sticks.bamboo skewers
10-12 hotdog buns, warmed
2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 cup yellow Cornmeal
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 large egg
1 cup whole buttermilk
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour and the cornmeal Blend together well. Add the baking powder, Cornbread Dressing Seasoning, and Kosher salt.
- In another bowl add the whole egg, honey, oil, and buttermilk. Mix until smooth and pour into the dry mixture. Mix the corndog batter until lump free and smooth. Pour into a tall container
- Begin heating the fry oil in a large heavy bottom metal pan. Heat to 360 degrees or until shimmering. Skewer the hotdogs with a wooden skewer from the booth up, and dip the dog into the batter. Be sure to coat completely and a little past the entry point of the stick. Place the corndog into the oil and fry until golden brown. Approximately five minutes.
Sriracha Cream Cheese
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
mix until smooth and blended
4. Spoon or pipe the Sriracha Cream Cheese into the center of the corndog
5. Cut open a fresh steamed hotdog bun and generously spoon in my Black Onion Mint Jam
6. Lay the stuffed corndog inside. Drizzle in more Sriracha sauce or your favorite condiment, and DIG IN!!