LOBSTER SALAD WITH ADZUKI BEANS AND CHILE PEPPER & LIME AÏOLI
1 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, Chilled
1 batch Chile Pepper & Lime Aïoli*
1/2 cups Adzuki Beans**, Cooked and cooled
Hard cooked eggs
Chopped English cucumber
*Chile Pepper & Lime Aïoli :
1 fresh egg yolk
3 whole cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons fresh watercress, minced
1 large lemon juiced
2 tablespoons ITK's "Chile Pepper & Lime" Sauce
1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
ITK's "Cook's Line" to season
- Add minced garlic and watercress to a mixing bowl. Add egg yolk, lemon juice, and Chile Pepper & Lime Sauce.
- With a hand whisk, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil and whisk in. You're making an emulsification, so drizzle in slowly or the Aïoli will break.
- Season with ITK’s “Cook’s Line” Seasoning to taste. Cover and let rest in the fridge
Adzuki beans are a small red, nutty/earthy bean used in Japanese/Asian cooking. Rinse and pick through as you would with any dry bean. Soak in cold water over night. Add salt and slowly cook until tender.
BUILD THE SALAD:
- Toss the cooked lobster meat, beans, and Aïoli in a bowl. Let "marinate" for a bit while you prep the garnishes.
- Quarter a hard cooked eggs, twist off a handful of fresh watercress, and dice the cucumber.
- Arrange the watercress on a salad plate. Scoop out the lobster salad and place on top.
- Garnish with hard cooked egg, cucumber, and serve with warm Lavash bread.