1 large bunch of fresh Italian parsley, stem, wash and chop finely, makes about a cup
1 large bunch of fresh cilantro stem, wash and chop finely, makes about a cup
1-2 large bunch of fresh scallions/green onions - green parts only, chopped,makes about a cup
1 cup fresh rough chopped dill. Don’t use dry... Fresh.
1 cup of walnuts, toasted, finely chopped
1/3 cup of barberries, soak in water for 10-15 minutes and rinse a few times to get rid of dust and dirt. If you can not find barberries, dried cranberries are a good sub.
5-6 large eggs, break in a bowl and beat vigorously before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients
Extra virgin olive oil or Grapeseed oil, 2-3 tablespoons
1 tablespoon flour (may be omitted)
1 teaspoon ITK's "Persian Rub".. If not, do without and pick some up later
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
ITK's "Cook's Line" seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an oven proof/non stick , sauté pan, add a little olive oil to coat. Sauté lightly everything GREEN, with turmeric, Persian Rub and season with Cook's Line or kosher salt/fresh cracked black pepper, and cool down.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped walnuts, barberries/cranberries, flour, the sautéed greens, remaining olive oil, and pour the well beaten egg over the ingredients. mix thoroughly until combined.
4. Pour the mixture back into the ovenproof sauté pan and place in the middle rack of the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. After 20 minutes remove the foil.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
6. Place the slices on a platter and serve with warmed flat bread or sesame “barbari” bread, cucumber-mint yogurt “Mast” and lime wedge for a little tartness.