For The Cake
1 cup Grapeseed Oil
2 1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs, room temp
3 cups All Purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons In The Kitchen With Scotty “More Than Pumpkin Pie” spice blend
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 - 15 ounce can pure pumpkin (or prepare your own solid packed pumpkin)
Powdered Sugar for dusting
Turbinado sugar to add crunch to the outside of the cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray the inside of your favorite bundt cake pan with baking spray or butter flour the inside. I also like to add crunchy and sweet turbinado sugar to the bottom and sides of the pan. It adds texture and interest to the outside of your cake. Just an option... you do you.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugar with the oil and mix together until smooth. One at a time and after each has been completely mixed in, add the eggs. While all of that is happening and in a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, More Than Pumpkin Pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the solid pack pumpkin to your egg/sugar.oil mixture and mix in. Add the vanilla next. In small batches add the dry mixture. Let the dry mix completely before adding the next batch. Add it all until you have a nice sturdy pumpkin cake batter, and spoon in evenly into your bundt pan. On top of a towel (not on your hard work surface) tap the bundt pan several times to rerelease any air bubbles and to ensure the batter gets into all of those wonderful bundt pan grooves. Smooth out the top.
- Bake your bundt cake for approximately 1 hour or until your tried and true cake tester comes out clean. Remove after baking and let cool completely. I let my cake rest overnight in the fridge… this will help when cutting in half and adding the filling.
- Split the cake in half, horizontally, and sandwich in the mascarpone/chocolate chip filling. Add enough to get 1/4”-1/2” layer. Smooth evenly then lay on the top half of your cake. Let chill and set up in the fridge and dust with powdered sugar. Slice and dig in when you’re ready. Enjoy!
For the Mascarpone-Ricotta & Chocolate Chip Filling
2 cups (16 ounces) Mascarpone Cheese
1 cup whole milk Ricotta Cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Cream together the mascarpone and ricotta cheese. Add the vanilla and mix until smooth. Gradually add and mix in completely after each add, the powdered sugar. Add the chocolate chips and fold in. Sandwich in between your bundt cake.