Super easy cookies to make and easy ingredients. This recipe is also really easy to make with the kids while they’re home on break….. or by yourself on a rainy Memorial Day Weekend while all your friends are out of town and probably at some fancy beach with their perfect bodies and perfect cocktails and….
Anyway, these are really good. Enjoy!
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs room temp
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional. I like a hint of espresso with chocolate)
1 teaspoon vanilla
10 ounces mint chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment, sil-pat, or spray.
- Begin by creaming the butter with a handheld or stand mixer. Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix completely before adding the next.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, espresso powder and cocoa. Slowly add and mix dry ingredients into the butter-sugar-egg mixture. Add a little at a time and not until the last batch is thoroughly combined. Add the vanilla and mix once more.
- With an ice cream scoop, or a good eye and two hands, ball out even sized balls of cookie dough and place on the pan. Space out evenly. There isn't much "spread" with these, so what you ball up will be slightly larger after baking, giving a semi-flat thick rich cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Seriously, don't be a hero… this stuff is molten chocolate straight out of the oven. “hot hot hoooooot!”