4- 5 ounce beef tri-tip or cubed steak, pounded
3 large eggs, beaten
2 ounces (1/4 cup) whole buttermilk
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons InThe Kitchen With Scotty "Chicken Fried Steak" Seasoning (Now available in the SHOP section of this website)
12 ounces Grapeseed Oil
- Either have your butcher pound out the steaks thin or do it yourself.
- In a shallow dish blend the flour and Chicken Fried Steak seasoning together. In a bowl combine the eggs, buttermilk, and Sriracha sauce together.
- Begin heating the Grapeseed oil in a frying pan. Dredge the steaks in the flour on both sides, dip into the egg mixture, then back into the flour mixture to coat. Shake off the excess flour.
- Test the oil readiness by dropping a small piece of flour into the oil. Gently lay the steak (away from you) into the oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Adjust the heat as you go to not burn the flour in the bottom of the pan or your steaks.
- Remove the steaks to a platter or sheet pan lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Keep warm until ready to serve and top with my milk gravy.
2-3 tablespoons reserved fry oil
1/4 cup flour
In The Kitchen With Scotty "Cook's Line seasoning”
2 cups whole milk ( warmed lightly in the microwave)
- Pour off excess fry oil, and leave 2-3 tablespoons of the fry oil in the pan.
- Begin heating the oil slowly. Add the flour and stir, mixing and cooking the roux.
- Slowly whisk in the warmed milk. Cook until thickened. Add milk if too thick.
- Taste and season with Cook's Line seasoning... Season to taste.
Don't forget to stop by the "SHOP" section of this website to purchase any In The Kitchen With Scotty handcrafted sauces and spice blends that you may need for this recipe. Happy Cooking, and thank-you for supporting my small business! -Scotty